Monday, January 5, 2009

Taste Paradise @ Mosque Street

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to eat at Taste Paradise, located at Mosque Street. It's a nice place to eat in and I had a private room to eat in. Haha. The rates are quite reasonable. You let the manager know your budget per head and they will work out a menu for you. Yesterday was around $60/ head. After every meal is served, the waitress will being to explain the dish to us. Shiok right?

For the starter, we had prawn salad followed by a small portion of carrot cake. After that we had Peking Duck. Pardon me, for no photos for the first 3 dishes as I was too busy tasting the food and as there were guests around, I was too shy to flash the camera.

Next up was the sharkfin soup. Yielding to the camera-side, I could not resist any longer and pass the camera to Dear and she started clicking away.




Shark Fin Soup

According to the waitress who introduced the dish, the dish was prepared by the chef 12-14hours before the meal. The bowl that contained the soup is said to be able to maintain the hot temperature of the soup for about 20min. It also comes with a spring roll for us to dip into the soup. Only one word to describe the soup - Awesome!

Cod Fish

The next dish was cod fish prepared with honey sauce. The honey taste brings out the sweetness of the fish. I simply love the dish.


The leftover of the Peking Duck is used to prepare this dish. A simple stirred fried Kway Tiao.

Finally to cap off the meal, I had Mango Puree for dessert.



This is a nice place to be if you like Chinese cuisines. I would love to revisit this place again if I have the opportunity! You should go too!

No comments: