Friday, September 7, 2007

Prelude: KL Emerge

Had to wake up @ 6.30am on Tuesday to rush to reach Golden Mile by 7.15am. By a cruel twist of fate, Dear and me were sitting on different buses. Hers was at Vivo City. My bus was downgraded but looking on the bright side, I got a RM64 refund as a result of the downgrade.

My Bus



Dear's Bus

Notice the difference? Anyway from what I heard from Dear, they even had a bus steward to serve them food and drinks.

Anyway, on our way to Sheraton Subang, KL, we had 2 stopovers for rest. At the first stopover, I was ripped off! I had to pay RM6 for about 8 fishballs! They must be the most expensive fishballs I have ever eaten in Malaysia in my whole life. Imagine 8 fishballs costing around the same as a McDonald Meal in Malaysia! Pretty amazing!

We reached our hotel at around 2pm. Since we were early, we wandered around the premises while waiting for the other 2 luxury buses to arrive.

..........

After waiting for what seemed like eternity, the remaining 2 buses arrived and we were quickly assigned into our rooms. Mine was 0421. Here's a picture of my room mate, Felix and Me. We also told that we only had to report for duty at 4pm the next day as the hall was not yet ready.


This is a picture during happier times. (",)

Anyway after we checked into our room, we decided to take a cab out to Parkson for lunch.

Rule of Thumb #1: If the taxi meter is not running, you are entitled to bargain for fares as low as possible. Generally the first quote is over-quoted & you need to cut at least 1/3 away!



After lunch, we decided to get some snacks to store in our hotel room - just in case we got hungry.



As reporting time was only next day, we had lots of free time. As we did not want to go shopping, Kevin and I ended playing PSP in the hotel room.



Overall the first day was quite slack but a great time for us to recuperate and work our socks out for the next three days. Will continue to blog about the KL Emerge, stay tune!

..........

The huntZ is onZ!

No comments: